Adults Only Grilled Apple Sandwich
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup green onion
- 2 cups parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
Make the pesto first to give the flavors time to meld.
Roughly chop in food processor or blender everything except the olive oil.
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil in slow stream just until mixture holds together.
Melt margarine in skillet over medium heat. Place slice of whole grain bread topped with nondairy mozzerella cheese in skillet. Grill until underside is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to plate. Melt some more butter and add another slice of bread toppedwith cheese.
while second slice is grilling spread first slice with Celery Pesto and top with thinly sliced apple. When 2nd slice is done spread it with more Celery Pesto and place on first slice of bread. If the cheese isn't well melted nuke the sandwich for 10-20 seconds.
Use extra pesto to make:
- milder sandwich spread: mix pesto and mayo
- salad dressing: mix pesto and mayo, add a little fresh lemon juice and unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, thinwith buttermilk or heavy cream. Taste and add sea salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- pasta sauce: mix pesto and extra-virgin olive oil. Taste and add sea salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- spicy tomato soup: mix a little pesto into Dried Tomato Soup.
More vegetarian and vegan recipes at http://www.undiet1.com/recipes/vegetarianindex.html
Recipe group: Lunch.
Should you try this recipe out we would be very grateful for a photo of the finished dish.
Please send by E-Mail to rezepte(at)vegetarismus.ch (JPEG or TIFF format).|
Thank you in advance.
This recipe from Kathleane O\'Leary - firstname.lastname@example.org - Santa Ana, CA, USA was inserted by Renato Pichler / 2002-04-30 22:27:36