Zürich: FISH(Y) TALES: The many problems with seafood consumption
Dimanche, 8. Septembre 2019 - 18:00 to 20:30
We are excited to welcome guest speaker Danielle Cotten, Head of Marketing & Communication at Swissveg, to our upcoming Meetup event. She'll tell us why fish consumption has a huge negative impact on the environment, puts all marine animals at risk of extinction, why aquacultures aren't a solution, and lastly what each of us can do about it (beyond forgoing fish). Roland, this group's co-organizer and a medical doctor by trade, will cover the health-related risks from consuming seafood.
* 18.00: start arriving
* 18.30: short introduction round
* 18.45: dinner buffet style
*[masked]: presentation and Q&A with Danielle
* 20.30: end of event (thank you for respecting the end time)
• A vegan dish for at least 4 people (or a dish for 6 people if you come as a couple or group of 2-3). Your dish can be savory or sweet
• A serving utensil for your dish
• If you prepare a soup, smoothie or anything in liquid form, please also bring mini-cups
• If you don't have the possibility to prepare a dish, a good thing to bring is a large enough amount of fresh fruit for dessert
• To keep our events earth-friendly, please bring your own reusable plate, fork, and glass/cup (we do not provide any)
• weather permitting, we will spend a part of the evening in the backyard. If necessary bring a cardigan/sweater
We are looking forward to see you soon!
Caroline & Roland
PS: Please note that all our events are being held in English.
Ort/Lieu: Rislingstrasse 4-8, 8044 Zürich
Weitere Infos: www.meetup.com/de-DE/eat-positive/events/264181525/